Thomas Fuhr, CEO GROHE AG was awarded with the 2019 Environmental and Sustainability Award for the Category “Large Enterprises” by B.A.U.M. on 4th September 2019.
My mission and that of GROHE is to develop intelligent technologies with water- and energy-saving qualities, without having to sacrifice when it comes to the joys that water brings. Every single drop counts. Our passion for saving water is the reason we have developed our expertise in conserving other resources, which is why we attach great importance to the aspects of energy efficiency, reducing CO2 and avoiding waste along our entire value chain.
- Thomas Fuhr CEO GROHE AG
- GROHE received silver certificate from the German Sustainable Building Council (DGNB) for the plant extension in Klaeng, Thailand.
- A state-of-the-art test laboratory was built in Hemer, Germany.
- GROHE leverages on the latest technology which increase sustainability. This year, material-saving 3D metal-printing process was introduced
- Over the years, GROHE has participated in numerous projects to support the sustainable reduction of the brand’s carbon footprint and save resources.
GOAL: TO ACHIEVE CO2-NEUTRAL PRODUCTION BY 2020
- GROHE aims to be the first leading manufacturer of the sanitary industry to receive a CO2-neutral production by 2020.
- All production plants were converted to green electricity in July 2019.
- Unavoidable CO2 emissions will be offset by implementing compensation projects and supporting activities that are based on very high standards, such as the Gold Standard, championed by the WWF.
- These measures can also contribute to a sustainable, ecological and social development in the projects’ environment.
GROHE & B.A.U.M. – A LONG-STANDING PARTNERSHIP
B.A.U.M., the German Environmental Management Association, has been in existence since 1984. Today, with more than 500 members, it is the largest European network for a sustainable economic system.
GROHE has been a B.A.U.M. member since 2016. As a member of the B.A.U.M. circle of supporters, GROHE aligns with the B.A.U.M. code of conduct for sustainable business and promotes its implementation. According to a recent study by Hohenheim University, with 89.1 percent the B.A.U.M. Environmental Award is the third most important sustainability competition for companies in Germany, following the German Sustainability Award and the German Environmental Award. External studies also confirm the high recognition of the B.A.U.M. Environmental and Sustainability Award.
Read our press release here.
GROHE AND WAF AWARD 2ND WATER RESEARCH PRIZE
GROHE and WAF award the winner of Water Research Prize to 'Recycle Build Brazil'